»

Saturday 26 June 2010

A Short History

Blodau’r Cain (Flowers of the Cain) was formed at the beginning of 2010, making handmade toiletries at home in Llanfyllin in the Cain Valley, as gifts and for sale to family, friends and craft fairs.

My ingredients are purchased primarily from British businesses, notably from companies in Norfolk and Devon, and many of the ingredients I use are organic. However, even when expenses prevent me from using an organic product, or its organic version is not available, I am careful to do my utmost to ensure that it comes from a responsible and ethical source.

We rely on cosmetics for so many reasons: to uplift ourselves, soothe and comfort ourselves and boost our self-belief and inner / outer beauty and, in doing so, strengthening our confidence and knowledge that others find us equally beautiful. When we give cosmetics as a gift to someone else we transfer that faith in their beauty and confidence to them, a gift in itself.

Since working for Neals Yard Remedies when I was a student I have felt strongly that something in which we place so much confidence, trust and faith should be worthy of being put on our bodies and for that reason, I strive only to use the purest of ingredients.

The beauty of using my own recipes is that I can also custom-make items to suit a person’s needs or tastes and I am always happy to try out any combination.
Since the costs of the oils and ingredients vary greatly, I usually price all products individually.

No comments:

Post a Comment